Saturday, October 18, 2014

Joanne Borgella, a Haitian Queen.

Sandy Jean-Philippe and Joanne Borgella. Joanne hosted the Evolution of Curves fashion show which helps build houses in Haiti.


The Industry lost an amazing person this week. Supermodel/Singer/Designer Joanne Borgella lost her battle with cancer. I truly don't know where to begin. Words cannot express what I am feeling right now. I had the honor to meet and work with my role model,  Ms. Borgella when participated in the Evolution of Curves Charity fashion show event for Haiti. She was an amazing spirit. In an industry that can be so volatile, catty, and nasty, she did not allow any of it to hinder her success or affect her genuine spirit.
 


I followed her career from day one. As the winner of "Monique's Fat Chance", she made her mark and let us know she was a force to be reckoned with. She moved on to American Idol and Super Model status at the most prestigious modeling agency in the world, Whilemina Models. As a Haitian entertainer I was left in amazement when I saw her grace a magazine cover and shine her on tv. I was so proud and excited to see her success. This is yet another blow to the plus size industry, to lose such a positive spirit. No one can replace her and what she represented. I send my thoughts and prayers to her family, fiance, friends and the many lives that she impacted. Rest In Paradise, Joanne Borgella.


Posted by Sandy Jean Philippe AKA SpotLightDiva (www.thespotlightdiva.com)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment